Connecting With Others > Guidelines
Online Community Participation Guidelines for Blogs, Chat and Message Boards
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans sponsored online community features are family-oriented. Posts or uploaded files that contain profanity, obscenities, or threatening or vulgar language will be removed. Posts should not embarrass, humiliate or harass another person. (If you wouldn’t say it to your grandmother, don’t say it here!)
- Teens and any other minors must have their parents’ permission before participating in our online communities.
- Always use caution and common sense when placing personal information (or the information of others) anywhere on the Internet. Do not post full names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, street addresses or other personal information. Remember this community is available to anyone with Internet access.
- Persons who use any of the online community features do so at their own risk. Thrivent Financial and its subsidiaries and affiliates shall not be liable for any damages that may result from the use of or inability to use any feature within the community.
- Your screen name is your community identity. We encourage you to use it consistently. Do not impersonate others. This includes other users, famous people (alive or deceased), or Thrivent Financial for Lutherans employees or volunteers.
- Do not post intellectual property of others (copyrighted materials) within the community. See the Copyright and Copyright Agent Information for more details.
- Commercial advertising is allowed only within the Classified Ads section of the Lutherans Online community.
- Fund-raising activities may only be publicized within the Classified Ads section of the Lutherans Online community.
- Solicitation is not allowed within the online community. This includes spamming, solicitation to join e-mail lists or groups, direct mail marketing materials or other advertisements.
- We reserve the right (but not the responsibility) to remove, block and prevent usage of our community by any person who, in our opinion, violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person or who posts inappropriate content (profanities, obscenities, threats, personal attacks, vulgar language, etc.).
- We reserve the right (but not the responsibility) to remove any posts, without notice, which in our opinion violate or infringe upon the rights of any other person.
- Many components of the Lutherans Online Web site are not actively monitored, any problems, suggestions or concerns about the Lutherans Online Web site should be directed to theWebmaster message board, LOHelp@thrivent.com, or the Lutherans Online Help Desk at 1-866-201-1522.
- Any problems, suggestions or concerns with other areas of Thrivent Financial’s Web site should be directed to the Thrivent Financial Operations Center at email@example.com.
- Any comments, questions or concerns regarding any Thrivent Financial product or service should be sent to the home office at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact your Thrivent Financial Representative using the Locate Your Financial Representative feature on Thrivent Financial’s website.
The statements and/or opinions expressed by online community participants are solely those of the persons participating. Such statements and/or opinions do not necessarily reflect the views of Thrivent Financial or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates. Thrivent Financial, its subsidiaries and affiliates are not responsible for the content of such statements and/or opinions.