eCards > Audio Problems
If you are having a problem hearing the audio, try the following:
- Refresh the page in your browser.
- Check your volume and be sure your system is not muted. You may also want to open your Volume Control and ensure that "Wave" and "SW Synth" are not muted or turned down all the way.
- Check to see if a yellow information bar appears near the top of your browser window. If so, click the link or button to install or run the plugin. The link or button may be called, "Install ActiveX Control," "Click to Run ActiveX Control," or "Install Missing Plugins."
- Check the plug-ins and add-ons installed within your browser. Do this by going to "Tools > Manage Add-ons" in Internet Explorer or "Tools > Add-ons > Plugins" in Firefox. If you have the necessary audio plug-in, such as Windows Media Player or Apple Quicktime, it will be listed here. If it is not listed, download a plugin via either of the links below.
- Check to see if your system has more than one media player installed and both are set as the default player for MP3. If so, enable/disable any one of them. You can check this by:
- Windows Media Player: Tools > Options > File Types (Tab)
- QuickTime: Edit > Preferences > QuickTime Preferences > File Types (Tab)
- If the audio file (MP3) selected check box is dimmed, the player only has partial ownership of the file type. To give the player full ownership of a file type, double-click the dimmed check box to make it fully checked.
- Download an audio plug-in by clicking one of the following links.
If you are still having problems, contact the Lutherans Online help desk.