Singles Seeking > Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Lutherans Online Singles Seeking registry. The purpose of this site is to provide a Service for adults to meet each other online. This Service is provided by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, located at 4321 N. Ballard Road, Appleton, Wisconsin, 54919-0001 and 625 Fourth Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN, 55415-1624.
This is a legal agreement ("Agreement") between you and Thrivent Financial pertaining to registration and use of Singles Seeking ("Service"). By registering for this Service, and you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement for as long as you continue to be a Member. This Agreement may be modified at any time by Thrivent Financial.
1. Eligibility: By registering for the Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and single. You may not register for the Service where prohibited by law. By using this Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. Term: This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use this Service. You may terminate this Service at any time, for any reason. Thrivent Financial may terminate your membership at any time for any reason. Thrivent Financial may revise any or all other aspects of the Service in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
3. Non-Commercial Use: The Service is for the personal use of individual Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial activities. Only individuals are permitted to use the Service. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Service, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the Service, are prohibited.
5. Indemnity: Member agrees to indemnify and hold Thrivent Financial, including all officers, agents, employees, suppliers, and service providers of the Service, harmless from any claims, liability, and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, whether in tort or in contract, that it or any of them may incur by reason of or arising out of any claim, including claims for copyright infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, or infringement of rights of publicity, that is made by any third party relating to Member's breach of the Agreement or any content published on the site by the member.
6. Disclaimer and Warranty Exclusions: Member expressly agrees that use of the Service is at member's sole risk. Neither Thrivent Financial, nor any of its information or content providers, service providers, licensors, employees, or agents warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error free, nor does Thrivent Financial nor any of its information or content providers, service providers, licensors, employees, or agents warrant make any warranty as to the results to be obtained from use of the Service. The Service is distributed on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction, or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement. Neither Thrivent Financial nor any of its information or content providers, service providers, licensors, employees, or agents shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of (A) Damages resulting from any accessing, altering or destroying of data; (B) Damages from the inaccuracy of the software, either now or in the future; (C) Damages from loss of business, profits, or business opportunities; (D) Damages from the introduction of computer viruses; OR (E) Losses from interruption, termination, or failed operation of the Internet, private intranet, or of third party telecommunications Services.
7. Online Conduct: As a Member, you agree that:
You are solely responsible for the content or information you post or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Service, or transmit to other Members. You will use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. You will not:
- Post on the Service, or transmit to other Members or employees, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). Please notify us at LOHELP@thrivent.com, of any material contained in the Service that you believe infringes these rules.
- Include in your profile any offensive anatomical or sexual references, or offensive sexually suggestive or connotative language, or any confidential information of any third person, and you will not post any photographs or other images containing nudity or such personal information. Thrivent Financial reserves the right, but has no obligation, to reject any profile or photograph or image at Thrivent Financial's discretion. Photos will not appear on the site until they have been approved.
- Impersonate any person or entity.
- Engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members to buy or sell any products or Services through the Service.
- Transmit any chain letters, Spam, or junk email to other Members.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Thrivent Financial, without our specific prior written consent.
- Harvest or collect personal information about other Members, whether or not for commercial purposes, without their express consent.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine," or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
- Post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Service site.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services or the site or the servers or networks connected to the Services or the site.
- Post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment. If you become aware of any such activity by others, please notify us at LOHELP@thrivent.com.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Service.
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of the site, without our prior written authorization.
- Use metatags or code or other devices containing any reference to Thrivent Financial, Singles Seeking, the Service, or the site in order to direct any person to any other Web site for any purpose.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, or otherwise disassemble any portion of the site or any software used on or for the site or cause others to do so.
- Stalk or otherwise harass any person.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. Thrivent Financial reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
8. Online Content: Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service are those of their respective Member-author and not of Thrivent Financial, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such Members are solely responsible for such content. Thrivent Financial does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information on the Service and neither adopts nor endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made. Under no circumstances will Thrivent Financial be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's reliance on information or other content posted on the Service or transmitted to Members.
9. Links: The Site may contain links to other Internet Web sites or resources. We neither control nor endorse such other Web sites, nor have we reviewed any content that appears on such other Web sites. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible for the legality, accuracy, or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising products, Services or information located on or through any other Web sites or for the operation or policies of any such Web sites, nor for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on any such Web sites or such content or other information.
10. Thrivent Financial reserves the right to review or have reviewed content from members prior to publishing such content on the site. Such review may be performed by Thrivent Financial, other members, or other independent third parties. Member acknowledges, however, that Thrivent Financial is currently reviewing or editing content and that safeguards relative to copyright, ownership, obscenity, decency, reliability and integrity of content may be entirely lacking. Member assumes all risk and liability with respect to its use of the Service, including member's continuous compliance with this member agreement.
11. Thrivent Financial does not endorse, assert, or stand behind the truthfulness or reliability of opinions, advice, or statements given or made by anyone other than authorized publisher spokespersons in any manner on or through the group sites or Service.
12. Any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with, this Member Agreement shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in Appleton, Wisconsin, in accordance with N.C. Gen. Stat. º 1-567.1 et seq. (the "Uniform Arbitration Act") and the then-current rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association by one (1) arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator shall apply the law of the State of Wisconsin , without reference to rules of conflict of law or statutory rules of arbitration, to the merits of any dispute or claim. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any Wisconsin court of competent jurisdiction. The parties agree that, any provision of applicable law notwithstanding, they will not request, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive or exemplary damages against any party.
13. This Member Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between Publisher and you relating to the Service and supersedes all other communications and agreements with regard to the subject matter hereof.
Caution: It is possible that other Members or users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Service and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Service.
Thrivent Financial is not responsible for the use of any personal information that you may choose to disclose on the Service. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the Service or release to others. Thrivent Financial reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the materials posted in any area of the Service. Thrivent Financial shall have the right but not the obligation to remove any such material that violates, or is alleged to violate, the law or this Agreement. Notwithstanding this right of Thrivent Financial, you remain solely responsible for the content of the materials you post in any area of the Service and your private email messages. Emails sent between you and other Members that are not readily accessible to the general public will be treated as private by Thrivent Financial to the extent required by applicable law and pursuant to the commercially reasonable efforts of Thrivent Financial.
Recognizing the above, I choose to voluntarily enter this space and to use this Service and to not hold Thrivent Financial responsible for any action or inaction on their part.