|[Main] [About Our Church] [Our Pastor] [Complete Calendar] [Messages] [Links] [Guest Book] |
Trinity Lutheran Church has been serving the
spiritual needs of Middle Point, Ohio since 1853. In fact, the first Lutheran
congregation formed before the town was even incorporated, with the village known as
Sykestown at the time. The current Trinity Lutheran Church building was first used
on October 9, 1887.
Our present lay-minister is Tom Cover.
He has been leading the flock at Trinity since 1998 and is a retired math teacher.
Pastor Tom attended Trinity until he was was twelve years old when his family moved to
Lima, Ohio. The present church is built on land donated by George Cover.
One of the projects for the church's
sesquicentennial in 2003 was the construction of a quilt representing many of the families
that make up Trinity's congregation.
The new Pascal Candle and follower, dedicated
in September of 2006, was donated in memory of Max Mercer.
Two of the wall hangings in our sanctuary.
In case you ever fly over Middle Point, this
is where we are located!