CARE IN CONGREGATIONS PROGRAM gives you an opportunity to obtain funds for your congregation and its associated Lutheran institutions through fund-raising and hands-on service activities, such as painting the church, installing new windows, cushions for the pews, or putting on a new roof. You can also use it to support your Lutheran Pre-school or Youth Group. The process for obtaining the money is very simple:
1 Plan - identify a need, form a congregational service team and discuss with congregational coordinators and the congregation. (Note: need six Thrivent members involved with the activity)
2. Request – request funds and obtain approval for your project on line at www.thrivent.com
3. Implement - organize and conduct the fund raising activity involving as many people as possible.
4. Report - report the completed project on line: Thrivent will then send the funds to your church. (Note: in case of an audit; you must send a paper report of your Care in Congregational activities to the Sandhills Chapter Financial Director. The report should include name of activity, dollar amount raised, expenses with receipts, total volunteer hours, number of Thrivent members involved in the activity. Basically the same information you reported on line).
The churches below still have Care in Congregation dollars. If you are on the list and want to obtain these dollars, you will have to do something before December so you don’t loose the money.
• Beautiful Savior Lutheran, O’Neill
• Christ Lutheran, Lynch
• Christ Lutheran, O’Neill
• Grace Evangelical, Merriman
• Immanuel Lutheran, Jamison
• Immanuel Lutheran, Merriman
• Immanuel Lutheran, New Port
• Our Savior Lutheran, Ericson
• Our Savior Lutheran, Valentine
• St John’s Lutheran, Brewster
• Trinity Lutheran, Thedford
• Trinity Lutheran, Bristow
• Zion Lutheran, Ainsworth
• Zion Lutheran, Crookston
If you need help with Care in Congregations, you can call 1-800- Thrivent (800-847-4836) or any of your Chapter leaders and we will be glad to help you.
ELECTION TIME FOR CHAPTER LEADERS is just around the corner. It is critical that we get people to step up to these volunteer positions in order to maintain our Chapter and all of the good work that is made possible by Thrivent financial in our churches and in our community. Each board position is for a four year term and then the person must leave for at least two years before they can serve on the chapter board again. This year the President must roll off.
INFORMATIONAL/ELECTION NOMINATION MEETING for the Sandhills Chapter will be held in November, At this meeting we will try to answer any questions you might have about serving as a chapter leader or about Thrivent Financial. You will be receiving a postcard with meeting details right after our October Board meeting. I hope you all plan to attend this very important meeting. If you can not attend but want your name on the ballot, please contact one of the board leaders.