Please use our new website at
St. Stephen Lutheran
Church was started as the "Aurora Gardens Lutheran Mission" in April,
1954. One year later, lots at the corner of Berkley and Sullen were
purchased for buildings which now include a sanctuary/office
building (pictured) built in 1976, a Sunday School classroom
building and the original sanctuary/fellowship hall which now house a fellowship
hall, nursery and youth meeting room.
In its history St. Stephen
has had seven pastors and two assistant pastors guiding its members
in their spiritual growth and giving
care and support in the various life circumstances that church
and community members face. Pastor Mark Hayman was installed as pastor
in September, 1999.
St. Stephen is
a member of the United Churches of Algiers, enabling
assistance to the community through a single source.
The St. Stephen family
enjoys a variety of service and fellowship activities.
Visitors are always invited to participate.