|Episcopal/Lutheran Worship Service||9:30 a.m.
|Fellowship with coffee and refreshments|| 10:30 a.m.
|Youth Hang Out Time||10:30 a.m.
|Adult Bible Study||11:00 a.m.
Easter Sunday, April 20
Celebrate the Resurrection!
8:00 - 9:15 a.m. Easter Breakfast served by the men of the church
9:30 a.m. Worship with Trumpet Fanfare
Alleluia! Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!
Holy Week, April 13 - 19
Remember Jesus' Journey to the Cross this week.
- Palm Sunday, April 13, 9:30 a.m. Palm processional
- Holy Monday, April 14, 7:00 - 9:30 p.m. "Judas Project" (movie)
- Holy Tuesday, April 15, 7:00 - 9:30 p.m. "Gospel of John" (movie)
- Holy Wednesday, April 16, 12:00 noon Holy Communion Service
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Individual confession
- 7:00 - 9:30 p.m. "Jesus Story" (movie)
- Maundy Thursday, April 17, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Worship to Remember the Last Supper (with foot/hand washing)
- Good Friday, April 18, 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m. Tre Ore Services
- 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Tenebrae Service of Light into Darkness
- Holy Saturday, April 19, 7:30 p.m. Easter Vigil at All Saints Episcopal Church, Pontiac
Wednesday Refresh Study During April, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
April 23 and 30 Christian Basics: Baptism and Communion
Kid's Night/Confirmation Class
For children from First Grade through Eighth Grade.
Begins at 5:30 p.m. with light supper.
At Ascension Lutheran Church, 4150 Pontiac Lake Road (across from Meijer)
On the 1st and 4th Mondays each month.
Senior Stretch and Tone
Come and exercise with us, Tuesdays and Thursdays 11 a.m. - 12 noon.
Led by Vicky Palace, with 10 years experience.
First session free; $2 each after that.
Gentle Yoga Continues through June 25
Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12 noon.
Extremely affordable $5.00 per class.
Instructor from Belightful Yoga.
Please bring mat and wear comfortable clothing.
No prior yoga experience necessary. Drop-ins welcome.
A BIG Thanks to ALL!
Children and teachers at Roosevelt School were happy
to receive three boxes of school supplies AND
a large bag of warm hats, gloves and mittens.
Thanks to all who donated and to those who helped
deliver everything on February 24.
Youth Group for organizing the Souper Bowl of Caring
on Sunday, February 2.
Earnings over $1,100 go to The Haven.
Thanks to the Thrivent West Oakland Chapter for a matching grant of $500.
Five families were overwhelmed with the Christmas food baskets
And 16 children were excited about their Christmas gifts!
Thanks especially to the Sylvan Lake Police Department for their generosity for the children.
Thank you for being such a wonderful community partner!
Thanks to Denise Hobbs, director, and all the singers
from Advent Episcopal, Ascension Lutheran and Sylvan Lake Lutheran churches
for an inspiring Christmas message in song on Dec. 22.
"Like" Us On Facebook
Check out pictures of the Souper Bowl of Caring fundraiser
and the Sylvan Lake Police Christmas shopping for the kids on our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com
Two churches, Stronger together!
Sylvan Lake Lutheran now shares its building with Advent Episcopal Church.
Click here to learn more about Advent Episcopal Church: www.advent-church.com