[Home] [Staff] [Facilities] [Contact Us] [Photo Album] |
Our Blessed Savior Lutheran Church, Alexandria, IN
309 W. Washington St.
Alexandria, IN 46001
Click for Map
Sunday School: 9:00 a.m.
Worship: 10:00 a.m.
Church Office: 9:00 a.m. –
We at Our Blessed Savior believe that God has called to a ministry
of empowering people to express their faith in order to build a caring community.
- Easy-to-Follow Church Bulletin for Worship Service
- Regular Communion
- Traditional and Contemporary Music
- Assisting Ministers
- Staffed Nursery
- Lenten and Holy Week Services
- Advent, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day Services
Education for All Ages
- Sunday School for Children and Adults
- Confirmation Class for Teens (Instruction based on Martin Luther’s Catechism)
- “Free to Be” Bible Class – Adults Meet at Noon on Monday
- Vacation Bible School – Classes for all ages
Activities for the Kids!
- Christmas Programs
- Youth-led Services – “Souper Bowl Sunday” being one of our favorites
- Acolytes (youth light candles)
- Lectors (youth read scripture during service)
- Youth Group for the Teens (a wide variety of monthly activities and outings)
- Easter Egg Hunt and Games
- Rally Day for Sunday School
Church Activities for All!
- “Potato Feast” each September where we serve the best potatoes ever!
- Fat Tuesday Party
- “Back to School” Cookouts
- “Pot Luck” Dinners – several throughout the year
- Easter Breakfast
- Beautiful Sanctuary with Newly Installed Organ and Sound System
- Educational Building for Sunday School & Bible Classes
- Fellowship Basement with Full Service Kitchen
- Handicap Accessible Restroom
- Three Floor – Full Service Elevator
- Plenty of Parking Available
Services Provided by Our Church Family
- Alexandria Emergency Relief Fund (E.R.F. phone: 724-7566)
- Ladies Aid Meals and Receptions
- Mission Projects Designated to E.L.C.A. World Hunger, Disaster Relief, etc.
- Contributing to Habitat for Humanity
- Numerous Projects in Partnership with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans which Benefit People and Organizations in
Need – Local, National, and International
The present Lutheran Church of Our Blessed Savior originated when two local congregations, the German Lutheran
Church and the English Lutheran Church, joined together to form one church located at the corner of West Washington
and Black Streets. With the combined congregations Lutherans have been a proud presence for nearly 110 years while
maintaining one of the most beautiful and historic churches in Alexandria.
Back to the Top